Tuesday 14 August 2012

A Level Part 2 - Interchangeable Pendant Set

My Pendant Set
Art Nouveau Pendant
Silver dish and leaf with a vinyl cut design drawn out on CAD, example of how I enjoy complex designs, with a leaf highlighted with an tiny African amethyst stone.


Bauhaus Pendant
Silver base with silver wire boarder to hold black enamel with a round carnelian cabochon.

Art Deco Pendant
Copper Base dish with silver strips and stone sets. Enameling process and Chinese Amazonite set cabochons.

These are my pieces from A Level. I chose to design a necklace that could have inter-changeable pendants based on 3 design movements: Art Nouveau, Bauhaus, and Art Deco. I came across many challenges and learnt many new skills such as ways of enamelling, acid etching and vinyl cutting to apply the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment