Tuesday 11 September 2012

Art foundation continued - Responding To Shapes -

Reflection of self

For this brief I had to choose 6 words that reflected myself. Mine were: Creative, Emotional, Systematical, Lively, Passionate and Cautious. I then used shapes and colour themes that reflected the words. I was then able to develop the designs into 3D objects. I created a clasp to fold material through, a locket and a ring which later became a part of my final show.


Systematical Clasp
Made from perspex, with mirrored perspex strips and a central brass foil square.


Mahogany Locket

This is made up from 8 circular disks on each halve to create a hollowed centre, decorated with gold leaf, after adding a light stain to the wood to further highlight the colouration. The small magnets allow the object to be held shut at the same time as creating a subtle clasp.



Cautious Ring

A combination of copper, brass and silver hexagons and octagons on a  double silver ring base. This piece has definitely made it onto my list of most complex items to make as soldering the materials together proved very challenging.

No comments:

Post a Comment