Tuesday 25 September 2012

Semester One - Final Piece - Olive Strainers

Utensils brief
Olive Strainers

These were made in response to the utensils brief. Really wanted to avoid making spoons as this seemed to be a popular choice for many. Once I'd got my head around making something to solve a problem I was off and came up with these olive strainers. A spike through a spiral dish to skewer the olive, enable you to drain off the liquid, and release the olive by opening the tongs. All done without having to handle them.

This is were I jumped onto the blacksmithing techniques bandwagon with starting stock jargon...hell loads of maths...and tapered ends =)

I made a long set to cater for long skinny olive jars and a shorter pair for smaller jars and serving purposes.







No comments:

Post a Comment